Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Me Tarzan, You RJ

RJ and I had an adventure last night. We ventured to the Church Bowl climbing area where I lead my first climb. It was the very easy Aunt Fanny's Pantry (5.4 chimney). We reached the top and rappelled safely, so the climb was a success. For me, it was a big step forward because I was placing protection and completely relying on my own skill for the first time. Kind of like being the nozzleman on the first line at a structure fire. You've practiced everything in simulations, but facing the real thing for the first time with no one in front of you presents a new level of challenge - and a warm feeling of accomplishment afterward.

We're working today, then we'll leave early tomorrow (Wake up, RJ!) for an overnight backpacking trip.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings you two!
Sounds like you're enjoying yourselves too much!
Thanks for the updates, it's nice to see someone enjoying life "outside the box".

Be safe and keep the updates coming.

AB3

2:14 PM  
Blogger Dawn & Paul said...

Sounds good to me and keep it up. Took photo and thought of you day after you left. Will send in e-mail. You are missed but we all envy your adventure.
Dawn

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Yosemite part I get, but after that you kind of lose me. The pictures are a nice touch - try including some of the two of you.

Happy Trails!

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home