Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Work, Work, Work.

Okay, it is more like Work, Work, Day Off, Day Off, Work.

Well we have started work here in Yosemite (Yes, Al I said I am working) and it is going very well. The holiday weekend was somewhat busy, but Paula and I had off on Sunday and Monday. So we missed most of the action. Work is mostly giving out information to people, actually I am planning to have "Yosemite Falls is @ Bus Stop #6" tatooed on my forhead. But no tattoo shops here so using a Sharpie Marker works for now.

Our basic schedule is three or four days on and then two days off. So we will have time for at least 5 backpacking trips. So far on our first trip in the backcountry we took the bus to Tioga Road and then backpacked about 15 miles to the valley. We went over top of Clouds Rest (9980') and Half Dome (8860'). If you look at the webcam here: http://www.yosemite.org/vryos/sentinelcam.htm You can see Half Dome in the front and Clouds Rest is the peak right behind it. (Marty, If you look at the webcam at night, you will see darkness)

Right now I don't have any way to post photos, but I am working on this problem. So for now you just get to read my descriptions.

More to follow.
R.J.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'd better hurry up & start posting those photos because we certainly don't want to rely on your descriptions of the trip with your spelling & grammar.

Last night we had 30,000 people downtown at Thursday at the Square to see India Arie. After the concert, a mini-van full of teenagers hit a car full of teenagers right in front of my apartment. A bit of a skirmish broke out until the Buffalo PD arrived. It was marginally entertaining for a while.

The martini bar below me should be open in another month. They are working on it until about 10 or 11pm every night.

There's nothing else going on here unless you want to here about quarter-end financial processing and I know you don't...

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home