Wednesday, September 28, 2016

McMurdo Season # 6 Day - 5

McMurdo Season # 6 Day -5

Well we have made it through our first leg of our trip to McMurdo.  And I am pleased to say that we are sitting in Denver International Airport and they have stepped up to the 20th century.  We are sitting on the still airport seats, but this time the seats actually have electric outlets underneath them.  So instead of searching around the entire concourse looking for the one open outlet, everyone gets electricity!!!  And free Wi-Fi to boot!

So our first flight was from Cheyenne to Denver on Great Lakes airline.  That was a different experience.  Cheyenne was the smallest airport terminal that I have ever been through.  The baggage claim tickets were hand written.  And there were 4 people on our flight, which is good as well because the plane could only carry about 10.

So we are now sitting in Denver for about 5 hours waiting for our flight to LAX.  Then we sit in LA for about 5 hours until our 11:30PM departure for New Zealand.

I am now going to head off to find some lunch.  I need a salad.  Which is amazing to hear me say, but for the last four days we have been cleaning out the fridge and cupboards, so my diet hasn't been exactly healthy.

If there is Wi-Fi in LAX maybe I can get another update in.

Thanks.
R.J.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home