Friday, September 27, 2013

Here we go again.

Well it has been quite some time since I last posted on our blog, and now I am here to fix that. Paula and I are starting our next adventure to the Ice and I plan to write about our trip here for all to see.


Today is Friday the 27th and I have just arrived in Denver from Tennessee. We planned on getting a ride to Denver from Skip our neighbor, but I ended up with a bit of a detour a week or so ago. I took a trip to East TN to see my father's surgery. Fortunately all went very well and I was glad that I was able to be there for it and help out a and visit for a good while before we take off for the Ice. My father will be hurting for a while, but he should be up and ready for a hike in Steele Creek Park when we get back from the Ice.


So, Paula got the honors of winterizing the house and barn before we go. Of course she did get some good help for Ken, Patti, and Jim. Thanks all for the help. Right now as I am writing this at the hotel; Paula and Skip are on there way through rush hour Denver traffic. They should be hear soon. We will be in Denver Fri, Sat, and Sun. Saturday we will be in class all day at Denver International Airport for our annual FAA Part 139 refresher training (aka how to put an airplane fire out). And then we leave for Christchurch on Sunday afternoon.


This is the beginning of the long 6 day trip to the Ice. We will cross about 18 time zones on our way down. For those of you that are counting that is enough time zones that we won't have jet lag when we arrive, we will just have basic exhaustion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home