Wednesday, September 21, 2016

McMurdo Season # 6 Day -13

So it is time again for the Three Hour Tour to head south again to the balmy coastal town of McMurdo.  Today is day -13 or thirteen days before our scheduled Ice arrival date.  Lets see how long I keep the blog going this time.  Each season I start blogging and then the reality of a new job and learning it fully gets in the way of my time (and more like my mental capacity) to write regularly.

So, this season we will both be returning to the Fire Department and both in the same capacity.  I will talk more about that later.

Today we are a week away from leaving home.  We are both completing some projects, and getting ready to pack up for 6 months.  So we are currently in the "well I won't be able to do that again for 6 months" mode.  So we are dinning out allot; today was burgers at Outback Steakhouse; and we will continue to until we get to the Ice.

And we start putting things away for the winter.  So, since it was a calm afternoon it was time to take down my Ham Radio antenna tower.  So I am officially off the airwaves until March.

Not much else to report.  Please check back and I will try to keep you up to date as often as I can.

Thanks for reading.
R.J.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home